If you’re a fan of the selfie – this may not be an issue you come across. However, if you’re like the vast majority of the public – you want to shoot pictures / videos of things other than yourself. If your front-facing camera operates fine, but you can’t get your rear facing camera to work and / or the option to switch to rear facing camera isn’t there – here are a few tips to Fix Moto X Rear Camera Not Working.
Note – the problem can be one of many things from cache saturation to a bad app.
Fix Moto X Rear Camera Not Working
1. Squeeze the phone
It sounds silly, but it’s been known to work. Why? Because there may be a loose connection, and squeezing the phone tightens this loose connection. Around the edges of where your rear-facing camera lies, gently squeeze using one or both hands. Then try using the camera.
2. Clear the App Cache
If the above doesn’t work, try this:
Go to Settings
Select ‘All Apps’
Then choose ‘Camera’
Scroll to bottom of screen and clear the cache and data
Tap ‘Force Stop’
The camera should be fully functional again. If not, try the following.
3. Update Your Camera
If your device hasn’t been updated in awhile – it may be time to do so. Check your ‘Settings’ for updates. If the latest one appears – choose it, and update your device. This will also adjust a few other items, and aid in your overall device experience.
4. Factory Reset
Resetting and returning your device to the same state it was in when you bought it could also help. That way it will be like new, and will remove certain alterations which may have affected Apps including your camera.
1. Press and hold down the power button for 15 – 20 seconds
2. Then choose ‘Settings’
3. Tap ‘Back and Reset’
4. Select ‘Factory Reset’
5. Rebooting in Safe Mode
This will isolate your device from any third-party apps that may be hurting the performance of your camera. Plus, you’ll narrow down which app may be the root of this specific issue.
1. Press and hold down the Power Button
2. Then Tap and hold down Power Off until a new mode appears
3. When it appears – select ‘Reboot Safe Mode’ then choose ‘OK’
6. Reboot Phone in Safe Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
Doing this will restore the default camera settings, and should alleviate the issue of the camera not working properly. Here’s how to go about it:
1. Turn the device off
2. While off – press and hold the Power and Volume Down key for 3 or more seconds
3. By using the Volume Down key – go to ‘Recovery’ and press the Volume Up key to select
4. The Motorola logo will appear and then the Android logo
5. Hold down the Volume Up key for up to 20 seconds
6. While still holding the Volume Up key – tap and release the Power Button
7. A new menu will appear – select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ by pressing the Power Button
One of the above tips should help to Fix Moto X Rear Camera Not Working. If it doesn’t,it could also be a hardware issue, so contact your carrier or where you purchased your device. You may be able to get a new Moto X.